|10 Reasons Why
Bora-Care is THE green choice
|THE ONLY BORATE BASED PRODUCT WITH ESSENTIAL PRODUCT-SPECIFIC EFFICACY
ALLOWED AS A PRIMARY TERMITE BARRIER NEW CONSTRUCTION TREATMENT
• IT’S THE PERFECT GREEN SOLUTION FOR TERMITES
is virtually no risk of contamination of soil, rivers, lakes or aquifers.
2) Green builders using Bora-Care have eliminated more than 120 million gallons of diluted
termiticide from being applied to the soil across the U.S.
3) Builders can earn points in green building programs by using Bora-Care, including LEED® for
Homes, NAHB National Green Building Program™, EarthCraft® and many others.
4) Bora-Care penetrates the wood and remains in the wood, providing years of long-term,
sustainable residual protection.
5) Bora-Care saves water. Soil termiticides require large amounts of water for dilution. Using
Bora-Care can save 200-300 gallons of water per average-size home.
6) The element boron is found throughout nature and may be essential to the health of all
living plants and animals.
7) Mammals, birds, fish and reptiles can all excrete excess ingested boron, so it has little effect
on these non-target organisms; however insects cannot process boron in the same way. As
a result, boron accumulates in their systems and interferes with their ability to convert food
sugars into energy, leading to starvation. This unique quality makes borates the perfect
green solution for targeting termites.
8) Bora-Care treated wood provides protection from subterranean, Formosan and drywood
termites as well as wood boring beetles, carpenter ants and wood decay fungi. It also
provides general pest protection by making the treated wood areas uninhabitable by pests
such as cockroaches.
9) Bora-Care emits no VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
10) Green Builder® magazine selected Bora-Care for its
inaugural Overall Grand Prize, Best of Show award at
the 2006 National Green Building Conference.
|Find us on